Butter Pie CrustFrom thepiggs 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into ball. Flatten slightly. Wrap 1 ball in plastic food wrap; refrigerate.
- For 1-crust pie, roll out 1 ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold dough, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan. Crimp or flute edge. Fill and bake according to pie recipe directions.
- For 2-crust pie, roll out remaining ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold dough into quarters. Place dough over filling; unfold. Trim, seal and crimp or flute edge. Cut 5 or 6 large slits in crust. Bake according to pie recipe directions.
- For baked unfilled pie shell, prepare dough as directed above for 1-crust pie. Prick crust all over with fork before baking. Bake at 475°F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Nutrition Facts (1/8 of double crust): Calories: 250, Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 230mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Protein: 3g
- Recipe courtesy of Land O'Lakes