Salad for Tamales and other great mealsFrom ttaaccoo 8 years ago
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced (tangerines, etc. would work nicely with the flavors. not grapefruit, though) shopping list
- 1/2 onion--thin slices of red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar --amounts vary depending on vessel shopping list
- 1 tsp.salt-- ditto for the salt re vessel shopping list
- 1 head Crisp lettuce shopping list
- powdered chile tepin ( I use Frontier's chile powder) sprinkles to taste shopping list
How to make it
- After prepping oranges and red onion, combine vinegar and salt in a flat ish bowl or deep plate. Marinate the slices of orange and red onion for 30 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of crisp lettuce, and top the marinated morsels with a little chile powder.
- the flavors are exquisite. Enjoy