Spaghetti Squash And Meat SauceFrom ravenseyes 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground turkey (ground beef is exceptable as well) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups onion (diced) shopping list
- 3/4 celery (diced) shopping list
- 28 oz can tomatoes (marzzano peeled with juice) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsps basil (fresh chopped)(if no fresh used 1 tsp dried) shopping list
- 1 tbsp oregano (fresh - if no fresh 1/2 tsp dried) shopping list
- 3 tbsp garlic (minced) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 tsp pepper flakes crushed (optional) shopping list
- 1 meduim sized spaghetti squash shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the first three ingredients and sautee until turkey is browned and onion and celery are tender.
- Rough chop the tomatoes and add to beef along with the juice from the tomatoes - add spices and simmer.
- There are two ways to cook the squash - cut it half and seed it - place it in a baking dish with 3 inches water in it and place squash cut side down and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until squash is easily removed from shell. My way is a little time consuming in the end - but I just place the whole squash in a large pot (no salt needed in the water) let it come to a rolling boil reduce heat and cook for 15 mins - remove to an ice bath and allow the squash to sit in the ice for 10 mins cut in half deseed and scrap the squash out of the shell and into the meat mixture - combine.
- If you like the heat you can add the pepper flakes and if not add some parmasan cheese at the end before serving - heart healthy and carb wise!!! Enjoy