Oatmeal Rasin MuffinsFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (about 4 3/4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ, untoasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran (or oat bran) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, boiling shopping list
- 1 cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in oats, dates, raisins, and cranberries. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in boiling water. Let batter stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
- Other dried fruits may be substituted.