Steak Au Poivre With Garlic Mashed PotatoesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 ounce potato shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 ounce sirloin strip steak well -trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 small shallot shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup beef stock or broth shopping list
- 4 tablespoons milk divided shopping list
- 3 fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Halve the potato lengthwise then cut crosswise into thin slices but do not peal.
- Peel and smash the garlic then put potato and garlic into a saucepan with salt.
- Barely cover with hot tap water then cover and place pan over high heat and cook 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile put a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Pound steak to half its original thickness then spray oil on each side and season with salt.
- With a pepper mill on the coarsest setting turn 20 grinds over each side.
- Rub in the pepper and salt with your hand then cook steak 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile mince the shallot and remove steak when done and keep warm.
- Add shallot to the pan and cook 1 minute then add wine and stock and increase heat to high.
- Stir periodically with a wooden spoon until liquid reduces to 3 tablespoons about 3 minutes.
- While sauce thickens warm milk in a microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Chop chives or parsley leaves then drain potatoes and garlic well.
- Put in a food processor with chives or parsley and salt to taste.
- Add 3 tablespoons milk and pulse just until pureed then add remaining milk if needed.
- Pour wine sauce over steak and serve with the mashed potatoes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!