Chocolate Almond Torte with Strawberry SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
- 4 eggs separated shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups sliced and blanched almonds shopping list
- 7 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen strawberries shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Line bottom of a spring form pan with greased wax paper.
- With blender mix sugar and butter until fluffy then add egg yolks.
- In food processor process almonds and chocolate until finely ground then stir into sugar mixture.
- In separate bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks then mix 1/3 of whites into batter.
- Gently fold in remaining whites then spread batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake 90 minutes then cool 10 minutes before releasing.
- To make sauce thaw and puree frozen unsweetened strawberries.
- In small saucepan combine sugar and puree then simmer 3 minutes.
- Cover and cool then place sauce on plate.
- Place torte on top then garnish with fresh strawberries.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!