CHICKEN AND WILD RICE CASSEROLEFrom residenthypnotist 8 years ago
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package of fast cooking long grain and wild rice mix shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, diced shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of half-and-half shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce can) slice water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar of sliced mushrooms, drained or 1 head of broccoli sliced into bite sized piece and microwaved for 2 ½ minutes shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package of sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- COOK rice mix according to package directions, and set aside.
- MELT butter in a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add broth, and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- STIR in rice, chicken, and next six ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 11 X 7 baking dish. Top with almonds.
- BAKE at 350%s for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
The Cookresidenthypnotist Tulsa, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!