Veal CacciatoreFrom martinf1 6 years ago
- 4 veal loin chops ( ¾ inch thick ) shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper shopping list
- 2 large sprigs of parsley shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil 60ml shopping list
- 1 can (14oz) tomato sauce ( 2 cups) shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine 80ml shopping list
- to taste: salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano 5ml shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Peel onion and dice.
- Cut green pepper into thin strips and snip parsley and crush one clove of fresh garlic.
- Heat oil in the skillet, brown veal chops on both sides.
- Remove chops while you add the chopped onion and green pepper and sauté them for 3 minutes in the oil.
- Now put the Veal chops back in the pan and blend in remaining ingredients; bay leaf, oregano, parsley, tomato sauce and wine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 50 minutes.
- Serve with hot buttered spaghetti or noodles.
The Cookmartinf1 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!