Mango tartFrom fanny_the_fairy 8 years ago
- 1 quantity of sweet shortcrust pastry (see below) shopping list
- 250ml milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 25g butter shopping list
- 125ml cream, lightly whipped shopping list
- 1 big mango, peeled and sliced shopping list
- for the sweet shortcrust pastry shopping list
- 260g plain flour shopping list
- 35g icing sugar shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 180g unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry. Lightly press the pastry into a 23cm tart tin and freeze for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove pastry shell from the freezer and line with baking paper. Fill with baking weights or rice and bake the shell for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake for a further 10 minutes, until dry, golden and crisp. Leave to cool.
- Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until just before boiling point. Add vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat until thick. Add the cornstarch and hot milk and stir until smooth.
- Return mixture to a clean saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened.
- Bring the custard to the boil, turn the heat down and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter, stirring to combine. Strain mixture into a bowl, lay plastic wrap on the surface and refrigerate until cold. Fold through cream.
- Remove tart shell from the tin and place on a serving platter. Pour in custard and arrange mango slices decoratively on top.
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub trough with fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add 30ml of ice cold water and cut in with a knife until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookfanny_the_fairy Magagnosc, FR
- Not added to any groups yet!