Fabulous Corn and Potato ChowderFrom residenthypnotist 6 years ago
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- ¼ pound bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped onion shopping list
- ¾ Cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- Kosher salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2Tbsp flour shopping list
- 4 Cups chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 4Cups peeled, finely diced all-purpose potato shopping list
- l ½ cups shredded carrot shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, diced shopping list
- ½ lb of sliced Polish sausage shopping list
- 2 Cups fresh or frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1 Cup half-and-half shopping list
- ½ tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Sling the butter into a soup kettle and melt over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Scoop out the bacon and drain on paper towels. Save for later – don’t nibble too much.
- Pour off all but ¼ cup of fat from the pot. Toss in the onions and peppers, seasoning them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until soft ad then throw in the garlic, cooking it all for 1 minute more. Sprinkle on the flour and mix into the veggies. Dump in the broth, potatoes, chicken, and sausage. Cover the pot and bring to a bolt, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add the shredded carrots and corn. Cover and simmer everything 5-6 minutes longer to blend the favors.
- Stir in the half-and-half and peas. Season with the thyme, cayenne, some more salt, and lots of freshly ground black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and the bacon bits you’ve been saving Give it one last stir, and ladle it up piping hot.
The Cookresidenthypnotist Tulsa, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!