Bacon Roasted Chicken and PotatoesFrom j9gem 8 years ago
- 1 - 4 lb whole chicken, giblets removed shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 5 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 apples, cored and quartered shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- Drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- Steakhouse Blend seasoning shopping list
- S & P shopping list
- 1 pound bacon (half of it diced) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing shopping list
- Splash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 5-6 medium potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450
- Rinse chicken, inside and out.
- Fill bottom part of roasting pan with broth and dressing.
- Put rack back on place chicken, breast side up, on rack.
- With a sharp knife, pierce chicken all over.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Take butter and smear all over chicken and tuck some under the skin.
- Any leftover butter, toss inside the chicken.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic and rub on the chicken, placing any of the remaining garlic inside the chicken.
- Place the apple in there, too.
- Season chicken with S & P and Steakhouse Blend.
- Take 1/2 pound of bacon and lay on top of the chicken, securing with toothpicks.
- Place chicken on lowest rack in oven and let roast 20 mins at 450, then reduce heat to 350 and roast additional 90 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is roasting, scrub potatoes and cut into 1-2 inch chunks.
- Place potatoes in plastic bag with 1 clove of minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, S & P, Steakhouse Seasoning and remaining 1/2 pound of bacon, diced.
- Add drizzle of olive oil.
- Shake to coat potatoes.
- Pour potatoes onto a greased cookie sheet and place in with chicken on the top rack.
- Cook until lightly crisped and tender.
The Cookj9gem Hampton, VA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!