Bruschetta-Ricotta Sauce and PastaFrom huminbrd56 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat penne pasta shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 clove elephant ear garlic. chopped (I bought this by mistake!) shopping list
- OR 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 4 oz. chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried basil1/4 tsp. shopping list
- Crazy Jane's Mixed-up pepper shopping list
- A couple of good shakes of dried parsley shopping list
- 1/2 small jar of pickled artichokes in olive oil (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- About 3/4 cup tomato basil garlic bruschetta shopping list
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cooked pasta on two dinner plates and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, onions, basil, parsley, pepper, and garlic and saute, stirring often until the vegies begin to caramelize.
- Toss in the artichokes.
- Quickly stir in the ricotta cheese, and tomato basil garlic bruschetta and stir until combined and the cheese begins to bubble a bit.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and stir.
- Divide the bubbly sauce over the two plates of penne and serve.