Gouda Red Pepper Potato BisqueFrom huminbrd56 7 years ago
- 3-4 oz chopped cooked turkey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 green onion leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 large red potato, unpeeled and chopped into pea size pieces shopping list
- 1 small can creamed corn shopping list
- 2 cups skim lactose-free milk shopping list
- 2 oz thin sliced gouda cheese shopping list
- 1 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/8 -1/4 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- A couple of shakes of dried parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. Crazy Jane's Mixed-up pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. dried dill shopping list
- 1 cup of egg substitute shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet on medium high.
- Saute the red potato, celery, green onion, and red onion until the vegies begin to caramelize, or to taste.
- Add the basil, parsley, pepper, and dill and stir.
- Add the can of creamed corn and stir.
- Add the turkey, cheese and milk and, using a small whip, begin to stir constantly.
- When the cheese melts and the milk gets hot, but not boiling, add the egg substitute.
- Cook and stir gently with the whip until the egg thickens the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.