Gingerbread Pudding CakeFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg (from 1 egg) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups hot water shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 8x8x2" glass baking dish.
- Whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt in medium bowl.
- Using bowl of electric mixer, beat 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar until blended.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir molasses and 1/2 cup water in a 1-cup glass measure.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three additions alternately with molasses mixture, beating to blend between additions.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups hot water and melted butter in a 2-cup measure.
- Carefully pour over top of batter (there will be lots of liquid on cake).
- Bake for 45 minutes OR until gingerbread is cracked on top and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Scoop warm pudding cake into shallow bowls.
- Serve with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!