Bacon Jack Breakfast WrapFrom otterpond 6 years ago
- 1 cup egg substitute shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 3 slices turkey bacon (Butterball 65% fat free) shopping list
- 5 Whole Wheat Totilla (LaTortilla Factory high fiber) shopping list
- 4 oz pepper Jack (Cabot 50% reduced Fat) shopping list
- 4 oz Tostitos salsa Medium shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet pour in the egg and sprinkle on the salt and peper. let cook till mostly firm. I find having one big, thin pancake of egg makes dividing up the egg to the burritos more consistent and easier to handle.
- Lay the 3 slices of bacon flat on paper towels, wrap up and pop in the microwave for about 2 minutes. When the crackle-pop slows down, its done and the bacon should be crispy.
- Crumble the bacon on top of the egg mixture. And let cook with egg for another minute or so. What you are looking for is the egg not to be soupy. Must be cooked to firmness.
- Shred the pepper jack cheese and set aside.
- Wrap the stack of 5 tortillas in a clean cloth, sprinkle a bit of water on top of the cloth. Pop in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will make the tortillas easier to roll up.
- Spoon a small amount of the salsa on each tortilla and spread across the surface.
- Place 1/5th of the egg and bacon mixture on the tortilla. I find placing burrito ingredients to the side rather than the middle of the tortilla makes wrapping them up easier.
- Place 1/5th of the pepper jack cheese on top of the egg mixture and roll up the burritos.
- Nutritional Information
- Calories: 179
- Fat (g): 8.2
- Carbohydrates: 11.5
- Protein (g): 19.0
- Fiber (g): 7.4