Red Wine Risotto With WalnutsFrom dond 6 years ago
- 3⅓ cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 leek, sliced (white and pale green parts only) shopping list
- 1½ cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1¼ cups red wine shopping list
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano, plus more for serving shopping list
- salt shopping list
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped walnut pieces shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat broth in a medium saucepan to a very gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot and leek; cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add ½ cup wine and cook, stirring frequently, until wine is mostly absorbed.
- Add about ½ cup broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until broth is mostly absorbed. Continue adding broth in ½ cupfuls, stirring constantly, and allowing each addition to mostly absorb before adding the next, until rice is tender, yet still al dente.
- Add remaining ¾ cup wine to risotto; stir to combine and remove from heat. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt. Serve risotto immediately, sprinkled with walnuts, pepper and extra cheese.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!