Fresh Fruit Tart From The Culinary Institute Of AmericaFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash, peel, trim, core, and slice the fruit as needed.
- Let the dough relax just a few minutes, but work quickly enough that it does not get too soft and pliable.
- Roll the dough slightly until it is 12 inches square and of a uniform thickness.
- Cut four 6-inch round circles out of each sheet of dough.
- Lay the pastry circles onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment.
- Refrigerate the dough for 5 to 10 minutes if it is too soft.
- Spread 1⁄2 teaspoon of the apricot jam in the center of the circle, leaving a 1⁄4-inch border around the edge of the dough.
- Place 1⁄2 cup of prepared fruit on top of the jam, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge of the dough.
- Fold a 1⁄2-inch section of dough up onto the fruit, pressing gently so that it adheres slightly.
- Crimp another 1⁄2-inch section of dough over the fruit and lightly press the dough that overlaps together.
- Crimp the remaining dough around the fruit.
- The fruit should be barely encased inside the dough.
- Repeat with the remaining galettes.
- Mix the egg with the water to make an egg wash.
- Lightly brush the dough and the crimped seams with the egg wash. Sprinkle coarse sugar on the egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.