Cream Of Chicken Amp Wild Rice SoupFrom jvandehy 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 4 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking or instant wild rice (or long cooking wild rice- just cook it before adding) shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken (12 ounces; see Tip) shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chicken, sour cream and parsley and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
The Cookjvandehy Lafayette, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!