Date and Walnut Bundt CakeFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2(8oz)pkgs pitted dates,coarse chopped shopping list
- 11/2c boiling water shopping list
- 11/2tsp baking soda shopping list
- 21/4c flour shopping list
- 11/2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1c unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 1/2c brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 11/2tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1tsp fine grated orange peel shopping list
- 11/2c chopped walnuts shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 11/2c heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 11/2c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2c unsalted butter,cut up shopping list
- 1tsp grated orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Sptay 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray;sprinkle with flour. Combine dates and walnuts in med. bowl;stir in baking soda. Whisk flour,baking powder and salt in med bowl.
- Beat 1 cup butter and 1/2c brown sugar in large bowl at med. speed 3 mins. or till smooth. Add eggs one at a time,beating well after eachaddition. Beat in vanilla and 1 tsp. orange peel. At low speed,beat inflour mixture until just combined. Stir in dates with their liquid and walnuts. Spread in pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 mins or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 mins.
- Meanwhile,bring cream and 11/2c brown sugar to boil in med. saucepan. Add 1/2c butter;simmer 5 mins. Reserve 1 cup of sauce to brush over cake. Simmer remaining sauce 10 mins to thicken;stir in 1 tsp. orange peel.
- Invert cake onto wire rack. Poke all over with a toothpick. Brush reserved 1 cup sauce over surface of the cake,cool at least 45 mins(Cake can be made 3 days ahead. Cover,store at room temperature. Refrigerate sauce.). Serve warm or at room temperature with warm sauce.