Brown Sugar Pecan Crusted BamFrom qbancncer 6 years ago
- 1 (10-pound) cooked ham, bone in shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- (you can use dark brown sugar for a sweeter touch) shopping list
- (You can also add a half cup of Burbon to the sugar pecan mixture for a little extra kick) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Insert meat thermometer into center of ham without touching bone and place ham in baking dish and pour cider over top of ham.
- Roast in oven, basting with cider every 30 minutes for a total cooking time of 2 to 2 1/2 hours (12 to 15 minutes per pound), or until thermometer registers 140*F.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard and pecans, mixing well.
- Remove ham from oven during the last 40 minutes and firmly pat the sugar pecan mixture all over the ham. Return to oven and continue roasting until crust is brown and ham is done.
- Place cooked ham on serving dish and slice
- Serve with sauce in the pan. Some of the topping may fall into the sauce, making it the perfect to serve with the ham. Makes 20 to 25 servings.
The Cookqbancncer N Hollywood, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!