DECADENT PECAN PIE WITH CHOCOLATEFrom kimichka25 7 years ago
- Deep dish frozen pie shell, or homemade shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups corn syrup (dark or light) shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups salted pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or shortening shopping list
- whipped cream for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Whisk in corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour filling into pie shell, then pllace pan in a foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover pie edge with foil.
- Bake pie for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes more or until center seems set when gently shaken.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter (or shortening) and In a double boiler (or the microwave) heat until melted (be careful not to burn). Cool slightly.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a clean, small heavy plastic bag; seal bag. Snip a small hole in one corner of the bag; drizzle melted chocolate mixture over the cooled pie
- Cut into wedges and serve. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.