Cod Sauteed With Green Peppercorn SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cod without heads or tails shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine or freeze dried and reconstituted shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse fish then pat dry with paper towel and lightly salt inside and out.
- Put flour on plate and dredge fish in it patting to remove the excess.
- In skillet large enough to hold fish heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot add fish and cook until nicely browned on one side about 5 minutes.
- Turn fish and continue cooking until fish is just opaque about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer fish to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Drain excess oil from skillet and add wine, lemon juice and peppercorns.
- Stir with a fork or whisk scraping up bits of fish and floury residue.
- Cook sauce until slightly reduced about 3 minutes then spoon over fish and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!