Pumpkin Applesauce CookiesFrom kfuentes 8 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 11/3 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce, drained (you'll need about 3/4 cup applesauce from the jar to get this amount) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed Splenda brown sugar blend shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup egg substitute shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins shopping list
- Put a fine sieve into a bowl large enough so the sieve doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl, then spoon the applesauce into the sieve. Let the applesauce stand for about 30 minutes, then scoop 1/2 cup of the drained applesauce from the sieve. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg and mix well. In a second larger bowl, beat together butter, 1/2 cup of drained applesauce, brown sugar blend and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in pumpkin, egg substitute and vanilla extract. Gradually fold in flour mixture until well combined. Gently fold in raisins. Drop teaspoons of batter onto nonstick cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are light brown on the bottom. The cookies will have a cake-like texture. Let cool on wire racks, then store in an air-tight container.
- Makes 5 dozen cookies.
- Nutrition Facts Per cookie: 48 calories, 1 fat gram, 9 carb grams, 0.6 fiber gram, 1 protein gram, 2 mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium
The Cookkfuentes Silver Spring, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!