Candied YamsFrom corlessr 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and cut the potatoes to 1/2 inch thick
- Boil until slightly tender
- Melt butter in large sauce pan
- Apply cinnamon to both sides of yams, cook for 5-8 minutes both sides on medium heat
- Sprinkle about 1 1/2 cups brown sugar over yams and pour a minimal amount of syrup over the yams.
- (Careful too much syrup will harden the yams)
- Cook for another 8-10 minutes both sides
- Apply brown sugar as needed
- Remove from heat and pour entire contents into baking dish
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes at 325 degress
- Serve warm
The Cookcorlessr Coarsegold, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!