CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD PUDDING WITH CLONTARF CREAM SAUCEFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- bread pudding ………… shopping list
- 8- ounces ( about 11 cups) day old French bread torn into 1 inch pieces……. shopping list
- 1/4- cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/4-- cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 3/4- cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3/4-- cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 2- cups milk shopping list
- 1- cup sugar shopping list
- 6- eggs shopping list
- 2- large egg yolks shopping list
- 1- teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- ************************ shopping list
- Clontarf Cream Sauce…………… shopping list
- 1/2-- cup ( 1 stick) unsalted Kerry gold Irish butter cut into pieces………. shopping list
- 1 - cup sugar shopping list
- 6- tablespoons heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4-- cup Clontarf Irish whiskey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- Butter an 8 inch square glass baking dish
- Place the bread in the prepared pan and sprinkle with the coconut , pecans, and white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. toss well for even distribution
- Whisk together the milk, sugar, whole eggs. egg yolks and vanilla
- Pour the mixture over the bread and let it set for 20 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the liquid
- Put the dish into a large baking pan and add enough hot water to half way up the sides of the dish
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until the pudding is set and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove the baking dish from the water and let the dish cool slightly…….
- The sauce******
- In a small saucepan over medium heat , melt the butter.
- Whisk in the sugar, cream, and whiskey .
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4- to 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens…….
- Serve the pudding warm and spoon some over each portion served ……..
- Makes 6- 8
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
You share such wonderful "5"FORK!!!!! recipes~
This one for 'Bread Pudding' is such a
'Shining Example' ~
I am sure 'It ' will 'Shine' at my
Holiday Table ~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
oh goodness -- sinning with pleasure ++ thanksanitagae in loved it
Very nice....oh yeah. Thanks so much and high 5! *hugs*lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!