how to cook traditional Ukrainian borschFrom hobbything 8 years ago
- Stock: shopping list
- 2 chicken legs shopping list
- 2 chicken wings shopping list
- back part of the chicken shopping list
- 2 big onions shopping list
- 3 cloves shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 5 litres water shopping list
- Soup: shopping list
- 3 beetroot s shopping list
- 1/2 cabbage shopping list
- 2 potatoes shopping list
- 10 small tomatoes shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- dill and parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Usually, I get a whole chicken and use: 2 chicken legs, 2 chicken wings and back part of the chicken. The rest of the chicken I marinate with spices and garlic, which could be used as a main course.
- I also get 2 big onions, 3 cloves, 4 bay leaves for around 5 litres of water. Cut the onions into halves and stick the bay leaves inside using the cloves. Boil for around 1.5 hours.
- While that’s cooking chop finely your beetroot and cabbage so that every little piece has a size of a match, its tastier that way :). Chop your couple of potatoes into cubes too.
- First, add the beetroot, cook for 20 minutes, than add the cabbage and 5 min later add the potatoes.
- While its cooking get the frying pan. Chop finely some onion and around 10 small tomatoes (cheapest you can get). Start frying the onions first on some vegetable oil. When the onions are golden colour add the tomatoes and cook together on a slow heat adding some salt and pepper to taste. You can also add some vegeta if you have some. Cook until becomes one mass and than add to the soup.
- If the beetroot and cabbage are cooked it means the soup is ready.
- Final bit is very important:
- Get 4 cloves of garlic and chop very finely so that it releases all it flavours, chop some dill and parsley and all of those to the soup, mix well, switch the heat off and leave it rest for 15 min.
- Happy food eating! You have just cooked some nice borsch! Let me know how it went!
The Cookhobbything London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!