Monte Blanc Warm Green Beans and Walnut SaladFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 pound mixed winter lettuces shopping list
- 12 sprigs fresh chervil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound green beans trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- radishes for garnish shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy mustard shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove minced or pressed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil shopping list
How to make it
- Wash dry and toss together the lettuces, chervil and chives.
- Stir together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, tarragon, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Whisk in oils and mix well.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and blanch beans for 2 minutes.
- Drain beans and rinse briefly with cold water then place in a bowl.
- Just before serving toss lettuce mixture with 1/3 of the dressing.
- Heat remaining dressing in saucepan then add nuts.
- Stir together and when nuts are heated through toss with green beans.
- Place dressed greens on plates and top with warmed dressed beans and walnuts.
- Garnish with radishes and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!