Molasses CookiesFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for rolling) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugar until ight and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and eggs, set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients by whisking them together in a large bowl until well-incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture gradually to creamed butter mixture, beaating until dough is blended and smooth.
- Roll int 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Roll the dough balls in additional granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on Reynolds Wrap Release covered cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in tightly covered container to maintain softness.
- Makes 4 dozen.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating1 people
great molasses cookie high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it