Crustless Shepherds PieFrom stacyc 8 years ago
- 5 large yukon potatoes (or any other kind you like) shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- frozen peas and carrots mixture (with carrots already chopped) shopping list
- 1/3 an onion shopping list
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 tblsps butter shopping list
- 1 tblsp whipping cream shopping list
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- These are just estimates! I never measure so use your judgment with the amounts. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes and chop into even, small pieces (about 1 or 2 square inches) and boil until completely soft
- While they are cooking, chop onions and then saute them in large frying pan
- Add the ground beef and saute with the onion powder, salt, pepper and 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Defrost the peas and carrots. Drain. Add them to the beef/onion mixture and saute together for a couple of minutes with 1 tbsp of butter
- Once the potatoes are ready, drain. Combine in bowl with 3 tblsp butter, 1 tbsp whipping cream, 2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper and mash with masher or fork until whipped.
- Preheat oven on Broil.
- Grate cheese.
- In a tall baking dish, layer the meat mixture, the mashed potatoes and the cheese finishing with cheese on the top.
- Broil for about 5 minutes just until cheese on top is slightly crispy (Be careful this may happen very fast!)