Oven Bag Merlot Beef StewFrom faithwalker 8 years ago
- 1 Reynolds oven bag shopping list
- 1/4 C. plus 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 lb. lean stew beef shopping list
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix shopping list
- 1-1/2 C. water shopping list
- 1/3 C. merlot wine (dry red wine) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1-1/2 C. sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 large celery rib cut in 5 pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Shake 2 tbsp. flour in oven bag and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Toss cubed beef in bowl with 1/4 C. flour to coat.
- To oven bag, add: stewed tomatoes, onion mix, water, wine, and pepper. Squeeze bag to blend.
- Add bay leaf, vegetables, and beef. Turn bag over to coat and arrange in even layer.
- Tie bag and cut 6 slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 min.'s until beef is tender.