Simply Creme BruleFrom matth 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300
- Scald the heavy cream - put it in a pan and heat on medium. Don't let it boil.
- Mix the egg and egg whites with a paddle mixer or a whisk.
- Add the heated cream to the mix along with the 1/2 cup of sugar and the vanilla.
- Pour into 6 ramekins
- Put the ramekins in a cake pan and fill the pan about half full with hot tap water.
- Place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes (35 = creamy consistency, 40 = pudding - I prefer the pudding)
- Remove and place in refrigerator to cool, OR pour out the hot tap water and put in ice and cold water - that will make them ready to eat much sooner.
- When ready to serve, pour a tablespoon of sugar over the top and heat to melting with the blowtorch. Be careful not to heat too fast or you will end up with caramel on the top... but it's really easy and quick to do.
- There are lots of variations to this base recipe. My favorite is Raspberry, pictured. Just put raspberries in the bottom of the ramekin before adding the cream. I also like Coconut. Put in half the cream, add sweetened coconut flakes, and pour in the rest. Add more coconut to the top. Also, use 1 tsp of vanilla and 2 tsps of coconut extract instead of the 3 vanilla.
The Cookmatth Lunenburg, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!