Crispy Mustard Shrimp SaladFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 cup diced apples shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced crosswise endive shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey mustard shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste shopping list
- 20 large shrimp peeled and deveined shopping list
- salt and freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornflakes shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1 lemon cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl combine apples, endive and celery.
- In separate bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar and water.
- Toss apple mixture with 3-1/2 teaspoons of the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Season shrimp with salt and white pepper.
- Lightly beat eggs with the mustard.
- In a medium bowl crush crisped rice and cornflakes into tiny crumbs.
- Dip each shrimp first into the flour then the egg then the cereal mixture.
- Set aside on a plate until ready to fry.
- Pour 2” of vegetable oil into a deep pot or casserole and heat oil to 350.
- Fry shrimps in batches until golden brown about 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve mound some of the salad on center of each of 4 plates then place 5 shrimp around salad.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and drizzle remaining dressing over top.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!