Deep-Fried Stuffed JalapenosFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cut a short slit in each pepper.
- Remove as many seeds as possible.
- Slice Cheddar cheese into 1/4"x1" strips.
- Stuff each pepper with a Cheddar strip.
- Break eggs into a small bowl.
- Beat eggs.
- Combine cornmeal, flour and salt on a platter (or a paper towel)
- Dip peppers into the egg.
- Roll in cornmeal mixture until well coated.
- Arrange peppers on a metal rack and allow them to sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Using a slotted spoon, lower peppers into hot oil (in small batches).
- Fry until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper toweling.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔