Chayote and Corn EnchiladasFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 small chayote shopping list
- 2 zucchini shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 white onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels from 2 ears or corn or white frozen shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 jalapeno chilies seeded and diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese shopping list
- 1 cup oil for deep frying shopping list
- 12 blue corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups green salsa mixed with 2 cups red chili sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Dice all ingredients 1/4" across and keep them separated.
- Heat oil in a wide skillet then add onion and chayote and cook over medium high heat.
- Stir occasionally until tender and lightly browned in places about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt then let cool and add chilies, cilantro and cheese.
- Fry and fill tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 375 then spoon sauce over enchiladas and bake 20 minutes.
- Serve two on each plate drizzled with sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!