Mandarin Orange SaladFrom mbeards2 6 years ago
- Salad: shopping list
- ½ C. sliced almonds shopping list
- 6 C. Torn romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1 C. Sliced celery shopping list
- 3 T. sugar shopping list
- 1 - 11 oz. Can of mandarin orange slices, drained shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- ½ C. salad oil shopping list
- 2 - 3 T. sugar shopping list
- ½ t. ground mustard shopping list
- 1/4 C. vinegar shopping list
- ½ t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook and stir the almonds and sugar, until the almonds are coated and lightly browned (about 4 minutes). Spread the almonds on a plate or sheet of aluminum foil to cool; gently break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the Romaine lettuce, oranges, celery and onions. Top with the almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over the salad and gently toss. Serves 8.
- Notes: I like to add more Lettuce than the recipes states, like 8 to 10 cups. It can easily be stretched to serve more that way too.