French ToastFrom dishnbydre 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons syrup shopping list
- 1 (8 to 9) inch round loaf challah bread shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter with brown sugar and syrup over moderate heat, stirring, until smooth and pour into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
- Cut 1-inch slices from center portion of bread, reserving ends for another use. Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined well. Pour evenly over bread. Chill bread mixture, covered, for a few hours or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring bread mixture to room temperature. Bake uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
The Cookdishnbydre San Pedro, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!