Nacho Corn ChowderFrom kytigger 7 years ago
- 1/2 cups frozen hash browns (not shredded) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn shopping list
- 1 (4-oz) can green chilies, drained shopping list
- 1 can (14-oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth (not condensed) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 cups (low-fat) milk, divided shopping list
- 1 8-oz package shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups nacho-flavored corn chips, coarsely crushed shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine the frozen potatoes, frozen sweet corn, chilies, chicken broth, spices and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- While vegetable mixture is heating, combine flour and 1 cup of the milk in a shaker jar or plastic container with cover. Shake vigorously until no lumps of flour remain.
- When the vegetable mixture comes to a boil, stir in the flour mixture, the rest of the milk, and the chilies.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is slightly thickened and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat. Add the cheese; stir until melted.
- Serve hot. Garnish each serving with corn chips
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating3 people
Ive heard of this but have not tried it i thought it sounded real good..now ill have to try it lol thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it