Baked Mediterranean-Style ChickenFrom cocoa08 7 years ago
- 3 (3/4-pound) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned and cut crosswise in half shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 2 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- Pinch dried lavender buds (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Toss together the chicken, garlic, rosemary, thyme, orange zest, oil, crushed red pepper, salt, and lavender(if using) in a large zip-close plastic bag until the chicken is coated.
- Place the chicken pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. bake 30 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degree F. Sprinkle the vinegar over the chicken. Continue baking until the chicken is browned and an instant-read themometer inserted into a breast registers 170 degree F., about 10 minutes longer. Transfer the chicken to a platter and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, skim off any fat from the pan juices. Serve the pan juices with the chicken. 4 points