Black Beans and Corn Side DishFrom liznaylor 8 years ago
- 1 Can of seasoned Black beans (drained) shopping list
- 1 Package of frozen corn shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, Seaded and Diced shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice shopping list
- Salt and pepper t.t. shopping list
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water in a small sauce pan to a boil, score the tomatoes and place in the boiling water for about 1 minute, and then quickly drop in a bowl of ice and water to remove the skins. Chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until you can smell the aromas.
- Add the peppers, and saute for about 1 minute
- Add the beans and the corn, and cook until heated through.
- Add the lemon Juice and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Right before serving add the tomatoes and the feta cheese.