Brown rice mint currant saladFrom kateau 6 years ago
- brown rice, mint, and currant salad shopping list
- 3 brown onions, halved and sliced shopping list
- S&P shopping list
- 150 gm currants shopping list
- red wine vinegar, to cover currants- shopping list
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked and kept warm shopping list
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves only - sliced shopping list
- ½ bunch mint shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 120 gm pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- 2 lemons, juice of [or white vinegar] shopping list
- 1 green chillies, finelt sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a little olive oil and cook onion slices until caramelized - about 30 min on very low heat.
- Bring currants and red wine vinegar to a boil and simmer gently for 3 minutes, reserve liquid.
- Add to onions with S&P to taste
- Combine rice, mint, parsley and chillies in a large bowl, add half the onions and pine nuts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice [ or white vinegar]
- Top with remaining onions and pine nuts, serve warm of cold with mesclun.
The Cookkateau Sydney, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!