Mango JamFrom yummyyummyfood 8 years ago
How to make it
- first of all wash the jars (dont forget the lids) in boiling water and take off all the labels.
- leave these to dry (an oven is a good idea on a low heat to get rid of all the moisture).
- meanwhile weigh out the sugar and put in a sucepan.
- Cut up the mango onto chunks, get rid of the skin an large stone in the middle. Try to get as much out of the mango as you can!
- Add the mango and water to the sugar in the saucepan.
- Cook on a high heat, stirring every so often.
- This may take a while to get to this point (about 15 mins sometimes!), but when the fruit becomes squishy, you can mash it up using a potatoe masher. You can make it as smooth as you wish but it looks cool with some lumps in the jam!
- Turn it off the heat, to cool for a little while and take out the jam jars from the oven.
- Then pour the jam into the jars and leave the lids off for a a couple of hours.
- After the two hours have gone by, flatten the two paper cake cases out.
- place these on top of the jars and then twist the lids on over the top. This seals up thew jam.
- Happy eating!
The Cookyummyyummyfood London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!