Ham and Haddie PieFrom chef_irish 5 years ago
- 12 ounces (375g) smoked haddock shopping list
- 4 ounces (125g or half cup) chopped bacon shopping list
- 8 ounces (250g) tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 2 ounces (60g or half a stick) grated Scottish cheddar cheese (or similar) shopping list
- Small quantity butter for frying shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 ounces (60g or half a cup) breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 375F (190C or Gas Mark 5). Grease a medium size ovenproof dish. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onion until it is soft. Add the chopped bacon and cook for another 2/3 minutes.
- Arrange half of the tomato slices in the dish and cover with the onion and bacon mixture. Put the haddock on top of this and top with the remaining tomato slices.
- Pour on the water and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cheese. Cover with a lid or kitchen foil and cook for 20 minutes at 375F (190C or Gas Mark 5).
- Remove the lid or foil and cook for another ten minutes until the topping has turned brown.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!