Southern Italian RatouilleFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh wild or domestic mushrooms shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 white onion diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 pound yellow squash cut into 1/4" dices shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper cut into 1/4" dice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/2 pound zucchini cut into 1/4" dices shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek white part only shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled seeded vine-ripened tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms and cook without moving until brown on 1 side about 1 minute.
- Continue to sauté another 2 minutes.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper and pour onto cookie sheet to cool.
- Set used pan aside.
- In separate clean skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat then add minced garlic.
- Cook until golden brown about 2 minutes then add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- In pan where mushrooms were add 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add yellow squash and cook 2 minutes then drain on same cookie sheet with mushrooms.
- Place peppers in hot pan where squash was and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons thyme.
- When heated thoroughly add peppers to waiting mushrooms and yellow squash.
- Add zucchini to same pan then add remaining thyme and cook 2 minutes.
- Pull both pans of onions and zucchini off the heat and add to cookie sheet.
- In former zucchini mushroom pan cook leeks to soften about 2 minutes.
- In the other pan bring tomatoes to a simmer then season leeks with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach then when spinach is wilted add cooked leeks to cooling vegetables.
- Add basil to tomatoes then add tomatoes to cookie sheet and stir gently.
- Top with parmesan and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!