SpanakopitasFrom chef_irish 8 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. butter or oil shopping list
- 1 lb. Frozen spinach; thawed shopping list
- 3 Green onions; sliced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. Minced parsley shopping list
- 1 lb. Commercial Filo pastry 2 Tbsp.. Chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Feta cheese; crumbled shopping list
- 3 Eggs; lightly beaten shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In butter or oil, sauté green onion until soft. Meanwhile, squeeze out excess moisture from spinach and chop by hand or in food processor.
- Combine green onion with spinach and remaining filling ingredients in bowl.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Lay out the Filo sheets, covering them with waxed paper and a damp towel. Take out two sheets at a time and keep the rest covered.
- Brush melted butter onto top sheet of each pair.
- Cut each double sheet crosswise into equal strips, about 2-1/2" wide.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the filling 1" from the end (nearest you) of each strip. Fold the strips back over the filling so the bottom edge meets the left edge, forming a right angle. Continue folding back at right angles to make a triangular shape.
- Place on baking sheets and keep covered until all are ready to bake. Bake in a 350° F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning once.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!