Cheesy Turnips and CarrotsFrom mbelisle 5 years ago
- 3 cups sliced turnips shopping list
- 2 cups sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 3 tbsp flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle ginger over vegetables and cover with water - cook on stovetop until tender.
- Remove vegetables from heat, drain and reserve 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Saute onions and celery in butter or margarine until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk and reserved vegetable liquid (3/4 cup of each).
- Heat and gradually add cheese, stirring to melt and blend.
- Pour sauce over vegetables to serve.
The Cookmbelisle Regina, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!