Pizza Roll-UpsFrom bemontgomery 8 years ago
- 1 loaf frozen French, Italian or all purpose bread dough shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey (2 ½ cups browned) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 cups grated part skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 cups italian tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw dough; roll it into a 14x24 inch rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Cook ground beef or turkey until brown, about 10 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except Italian tomato sauce.
- Spoon filling evenly onto dough, slightly pressing filling into dough.
- Roll dough lengthwise like a jelly roll and cut into 24 1 inch slices.
- Treat 2 rimmed cookie sheets with nonstick spray. Lay slices onto sheets about an inch apart.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Let roll ups sit for 10 minutes. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and freeze in 4 1 gallon bags, 6 per bag. Slip a 1 qt bag with 1 cup sauce into each of the bags.
- To prepare, thaw roll ups and warm them in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or put them frozen in the microwave. Heat on high for 2 minutes. Serve with warmed tomato sauce.