Roast Lamb Cooked With PotatoesFrom moggy 6 years ago
- 2½ kg leg of lamb shopping list
- 6 slices Parma ham shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- lemon , zested shopping list
- 2 sprigs rosemary shopping list
- * 25g butter , softened shopping list
- * 2kg maris piper potatoes , peeled and cut into 1cm slices shopping list
- * 500 ml vegetable stock shopping list
- gravy shopping list
- # 25g butter shopping list
- # 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- # 4 small red onions , peeled and sliced shopping list
- # 1 tbsp plain flour shopping list
- # 250ml red wine or port shopping list
- # 600ml lamb or beef stock shopping list
- # 1 tbsp redcurrants je shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8. Start by making deep incisions all over the meaty side of the leg of lamb using a small knife. Whizz the Parma ham, garlic, lemon zest and half of the rosemary in a food processor. Season with pepper and using your fingers, push the mixture into the incisions in the lamb. Pull the rest of the rosemary into sprigs and push a sprig into each incision. Spread the butter over the surface of the meat and season well.
- 2. Season the potatoes, arrange in a roasting tin and pour the stock around. Put the lamb on top and roast for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and continue to cook for a further 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 3. While the lamb is cooking, make the gravy. Heat the butter and olive oil in a saucepan, add the onions and cook until golden brown. Add the flour and cook for a further 30 seconds. Pour in the red wine, bring to the boil and reduce by half. Add the stock, redcurrant jelly and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Season and serve with the lamb and potatoes.
The Cookmoggy Bristol, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!