Angelgirls Griddle CakesFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat a griddle or a large non-stick skillet. When drops of water sizzle and bounce around on it, it is ready.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer until mixture turns light yellow.
- Add butter, oil, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture. Beat on low until just combined and smooth. Do not overbeat.
- Brush preheated griddle or skillet with additional butter or oil.
- Pour batter onto griddle in 1/4 cup increments, leaving space between each cake.
- Flip griddle cakes when edges look dry and tops are covered with bubbles. This should take approx. 2 minutes.
- Cook on other side for approx. 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remainder of batter.
- Serve griddle cakes hot with lots of warm melted butter and syrup.
- If you don't have self rising flour,simply add 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to all purpose flour. Prepare as directed.
- Add bananas, blueberries, strawberries, or chocolate chips to pancake batter.