Tres Leches CakeFrom now_a_swearingen 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- 5 eggs, large shopping list
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 cup plus 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rum shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- optional garnishes- fresh berries or cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour and baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add the eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time until well combined. Stir in the 1/2 cup of milk, then gently fold in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased cake pan or baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until it feels firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool until it feels room temperature. Turn it over onto a platter with raised edges. Pierce cake with a fork 20-30 times. Let it cool in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 cup milk, 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream and rum. Slowly pour over cooled cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Occasionally, spoon the milk runoff back onto the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 Tablespoon sugar. Beat until peaks form. Spread a thin layer over the cake.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or garnish with fresh berries
People Who Like This Dish 1
- now_a_swearingen Gray
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknow_a_swearingen Gray
- Not added to any groups yet!