Chicken MarsalaFrom forklifttechnj 5 years ago
- 1 to 2 lb. thin cut chicken breast, THIN CUT, purdue, etc... shopping list
- 1 plate with flour for coating chicken shopping list
- 2 packages of baby portabella mushrooms or white button shopping list
- 1 to 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 bottle OPICI marsala wine shopping list
- 1 package mini penne pasta shopping list
- 2 packages of green pesto or red bell pesto shopping list
- 1 loaf of crusty bread shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pinch of rosemary per pan shopping list
- reserve pan with lid shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and quarter mushrooms and set aside in bowl
- pour flour on a plate
- ready water for pasta, heat and cover
- add generous butter to pan and heat medium
- coat chicken in flour and add when hot, brown both sides well
- turn heat to high, wait 30 seconds, then deglaze with appx. 1/2 cup of marsala and add mushrooms to fill pan evenly, cover pan, reduce heat to medium, cook untill mushrooms soften, appx. 10 min.
- transfer to reserve baking pan w/ lid, cover. repeat untill all is done and in pan. will be at least 3 pan fulls depending on your skillet size.
- taste during cooking down w/ mushrooms and adjust butter/wine/salt to taste.
- prepare your pesto, and add to your cooked pasta serve on side.
- serve with plenty of crusty bread as this is a sopping up delicious sauce if you get it right.
- *** its not a bad idea to add a few splashes of chicken broth during the deglazing process ***